We offer comfort and convenience. Below we present you our most frequently asked questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
G.A.P. is short for Good Agriculture Practices.
GLOBALG.A.P. is the global standard that enforces good agricultural practices and is designed by the global organization named GLOBALG.A.P.. This global organization has a clear objective: safe, sustainable agriculture worldwide. GLOBALG.A.P. sets voluntary standards for the certification of agricultural products around the world.
- Increase value of products by meeting worldwide recognized standard.
- Gain access to new local and global customers, markets, suppliers and retailers.
- Reduce risks to food safety and product safety and reputation.
- Improve efficiency of business processes and management.
- Obtaining a GLOBALG.A.P. number (GGN) for identification and traceability at company level (B2B).
localg.a.p. is designed by GLOBALG.A.P. for farms in emerging economies and emerging markets. It helps producers to apply good agricultural practices that improve farm management efficiency, reduce exposure to food safety risks and comply with food safety legislation. These steps will allow producers to gain better access to local and regional markets.
The localg.a.p. program offers the PRIMARY FARM ASSURANCE (PFA) STANDARD, which is a subset of the GLOBALG.A.P. IFA standard.
PFA is the lowest / entry level of the GLOBALG.A.P. and therefore very suitable for small and medium-sized farms.
localg.a.p. is designed to be used as a capacity-building tool, or to be applied as local standard for agricultural supply chains.
GLOBALG.A.P. is designed to be applied as a worldwide standard for agricultural chains.
Below we present you a table with the differences.
Primary Farm Assurance (PFA)
Integrated Farm Assurance (IFA)
Subset of IFA
Full set of IFA requirements
Three levels: Entry, Foundation and Intermediate
One level with a full set of requirements
Approved certification bodies/verification bodies
GLOBALG.A.P. approved certification bodies
Letter of conformance
Focus on local markets and capacity building
Suitable for export markets
Benchmarking not possible
GLOBALG.A.P. Licensed Farm Assurers are consultants to help you implement Good Agriculture Practices, Get GLOBALG.A.P. certified and maintain the certificate. GLOBALG.A.P. Farm Assurers have first-hand knowledge of the GLOBALG.A.P. system and the latest developments.
Yes. Our Team is ready to help you easily understand the GLOBALG.A.P. standard and simplify audit preparations.
- Advice to producers
- Train producers
- Conduct pre-audit evaluations
- Connecting producers with GLOBALG.A.P. approved certification bodies
- Supporting producers during the official audit procedure as a partner
- Different GlobalG.A.P. courses
- Business coaching
- Introduction to GlobalG.A.P.
- Integrated Farm Assurance version 5.2
- GlobalG.A.P Quality Management System (QMS)
- General Regulations Part I
Yes. We provide the majority of training courses online, but we also deliver courses onsite at our location in Paramaribo.
Fill in the registration form for the course you want to apply for and follow the steps.
We are located at Dr. Sophie Redmondstraat 134.
Call us: +597 7726266
Whatsapp us: +597 8994414 |
Plan an online meeting:
Ask a question
Select the date and time you want the online meeting to be.